To a one-in-a-million MAA!
Here`s to you, dear lady, for all the dreams you dreamed for us.
This one is for you MAA!
- Thank You for Showing Me Grace When I Didn’t Deserve It – Perhaps it is easier for me to take my frustrations out on you than anyone else in this world because you love me immeasurably. There were times when I was a total punk to you; I was rude, selfish and unkind. Still, you loved me anyway, and for that, I am forever thankful.
- Thank you for giving up your free time, giving up your privacy, and setting aside some of the dreams you had as a woman to make room for all the new dreams you carried as a mother.
- Thank you for working so hard to put food on the table for every meal, every day — even when it was met with complaints or our downright denial to eat it.
- Thank you, MAA, for abiding the worry and annoyance of pregnancy, and the pain and ambiguity and excitement and terror of labor, to bring me into the world. Thank you for all the nights you got up from your bed to come to mine and relieve me back to sleep.
- Thanks for folding laundry at midnight because that was the only free time you had to do it.And thanks for giving up whatever it was you would have liked to do with that valuable free time, in favor of making sure your kids had clean clothes to wear the next day.
- Thank you for all the times you said, “I can’t believe how big you’re getting!”Back then, I just thought you meant I was getting taller, but now I know those words convey everything from pride and wonder to nostalgia and even sadness.
- Thank you for living through me, for me and beside me,for carrying me when I needed you to, and for letting me run ahead more often than you may have wanted me to.
Oh, and thanks for all the hugs and kisses I didn’t ask for but got anyway. They were way better than all the treats and toys I ask for but didn’t get.
Thank you for the experiences and education you provided. Thank you for building a solid, happy family for us and for teaching us to stand up for ourselves, to believe in ourselves, to set goals and to seek for more.
Even though I’m no longer a little girl with innocent eyes, I still look up to you, MOM, and still believe that you’re the best MOMMY in the whole wide world.
I love you!
Happy Mother’s Day MAA!